8/5/13

Yay! 7 miles. . .and more

What a day.

I started with my half marathon training run of 7 miles at the bike trail in 1:20:26; 11:07, 11:25, 11:23, 11:41, 11:43, 12:13, 10:59; average pace 11:29. Pretty slow, I know, but I logged the miles without having a coughing fit, I call that a success.

This morning, for the first time, I refueled mid run. And let me tell you, it made a difference for the last half. I used Gatorade G1 Prime Chews, the fruit punch flavor. I took them out of the plastic package before I left and then didn't have to worry about that during my run. I also packed a fruit snack out of the kids stash, just in case :)

Photo from <http://www.myfoodnfitnessdiaries.com/2012/06/04/gatorade-energy-chews-giveaway/>

We groceried, we lunched, Chad built a wall, I *may* have napped, the kids played sidewalk chalk...

And named their mural "Our Big Rainbow".

After dinner, we took a family walk around the development. 1.8 miles, Chad wore flip flops, I laughed at him.

Lydia walked...


Rest day tomorrow, in running only!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment