3/4/14

Meal planning

 

I'm in a cooking rut. There. I said it out loud.

I'm stuck between I'm ready for winter to be over and winter is not over. At all.

It makes me not want to plan. And so, at 5pm, you can find me standing at the fridge, gazing in, hoping something will jump out at me. And fast!

Because nothing is jumping out, I've been flying by the seat of my pants (well, skirt) and my family is severely underwhelmed.

And now, I have a 10 pound bag of chicken from Costco that is taking up all visual space in my freezer, and it seems I always need what is behind it. I should really do something about that. I'm thinking, big bag goes in the basement freezer, then I'll keep a smaller bag with this weeks chicken plans upstairs?

Since yesterday and today are now over, I'll start with Wednesday.

Meal Plan: March 4-9

Kids' Breakfast

Wednesday: waffles, peanut butter, banana

Thursday: granola bar, yogurt, blackberries

Friday: eggs, toast




Kids' Packed Lunch

Wednesday: peanut butter, jelly & banana roll up, pretzels, cheese stick, yogurt

Thursday: cream cheese, ham & spinach roll up, goldfish, mixed berry smoothie

Friday: leftover tacos, chips, salsa, strawberries, yogurt

 

Mom Lunch

Wednesday: salad with leftover chicken

Thursday: taco nachos with leftover taco meat

Friday: leftover shrimp Fra Diavlo




Weekend Breakfast

Saturday: pancakes, banana

Sunday: blueberry muffins




Weekend Lunch

Saturday: baby shower

Sunday: baked chicken parm, salad, steamed asparagus, rolls

 

Dinner

Wednesday: tacos

Thursday: shrimp Fra Diavlo, salad, rolls

Friday: homemade pizza

Saturday: chicken fried rice

Sunday: leftovers

 

No comments:

Post a Comment