7/31/14

I Did It! Juice Cleanse 2014

 
It's been a week since I finished the Big Juice of 2014, so I wanted to check in with how it went.
 
You can read about Day 1 here.
 
Days 2 and 3 went pretty well. Over all, I lost 2.6 pounds which wasn't as much as I expected, but since that wasn't my purpose, I was fine with that. I think that since I was blending the ingredients using my NutriBullet instead of actually juicing it in a juicer, that contributed to the limited weight loss.
 
*************************
 
Day 2
On day 2, I switched up the order a little bit and drank the carrot and beet stuff for "lunch" and then the apple, kiwi, banana and greens drink for "dinner". I also didn't drink the almond drink at all, and didn't replace it with anything. I decided I just didn't like it after all.
 
I started later in the day, and that really helped the mid-afternoon hunger problem I had on day 1.
 
Day 3
Day 3 looked almost exactly like day 2. I probably failed at drinking water like I should have been. I wasn't hungry, but I was ready for food. Not even to eat it, but just to chew something!
 
*************************
 
What about the days after?
 
Friday, I woke up with a mild ache in my right side. Maybe my kidneys? As much as I wanted to, I had a little bit of trouble choking down breakfast and lunch, but by dinner time, I was starved!
 
It's now a week later, and I am still down those 2.6 pounds.
 
I'm settling into a 90 paleo/10 clean +some dairy diet . I have had a few slip ups, but all in all, I feel like I have done pretty well. I plan to talk about that more tomorrow.
 
*************************
 
Would I do it again?
 
Probably, yeah. Three days was the perfect amount of time, easy enough to carve out with careful planning, yet long enough to be a commitment. Plus it was easy using the NutriBullet.
 
*************************
 
If you have questions, let me know. I will try to answer as best I can.
 
 
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist, dietitian, or doctor. When I write about my diet and health, it’s completely my own opinion and based on my own experiences and research. Please consult a professional for all medical questions about diets.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment