7/17/13

It's July. Whoops

I ran the Rocketman 5k on the 4th of July. My first 5k. So. Much. Fun! This happened approximately 3 seconds (ok 3 days) after I ran 3 miles for the first time. Ever. I ran it in 33:27. Came in 93rd out of 197 overall, 48th out of 130 women, and 6th out of 13 for my age group. Not bad for the first one! I loved having my husband, kids and parents there to support me.
Starting in July, I run 4-5 times per week. I've gotten into a groove I think.
In other news, I started my half marathon training this week. I plan to post my official training plan this week, My long run was 4 miles, which I was supposed to do Monday, but it was 700 million degrees at 8am, so I made it 2.5 miles and tried not to die. So we tried again Tuesday earlier and I got through before the hot hot sun beat down in me. 4 miles in 46:11, 11:32 pace.
Rest day today, back at it tomorrow. Looking forward to my run! NEVER thought I would say that!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment