9/22/13

Back to reality....

The week of the BIG three oh is over. Reality begins again.

I hit my goal of 30 miles this week.

Sunday: 6.2 miles; average 9:41 per mile pace

Tuesday: 3 miles; average 9:28 per mile pace

Wednesday: 5 miles; average 10:25 per mile pace

Thursday: 1.5 miles; average 10:32 per mile pace

Friday: 2.3 miles; average 10:01 per mile pace

Saturday: 12 miles; average 11:12 per mile pace

Add 'er up. It's 30! :)

Probably leaving the 12 miler until the end wasn't the greatest plan of all. But it made me appreciate today as a rest day.

Also this week, I rolled over 300 all time miles. Big week for me :)

******************************

Last night, hubby-man took me on a date. A proper 30th birthday date, if you ask me (but who ever does?).

We hit up the Precinct, for steak done right. Incidentally, they were named USA Today Top 10 Steakhouse in the COUNTRY, so yes, best steak I'll ever have. Ever.

Then we had gelato at our place, Buona Terra. I had blackberry. Awesome!

Then for a walk around Alm Park at sunset. And were tempted to crash a wedding. But we didn't!

< I missed the perfect shot by about 2 minutes :(>

******************************

So what is on your dinner menu this week?

I'm playing shuffle the menu this week. We ate leftovers an extra time (because I may have eaten hummus and chips for more than one lunch, maybe)

Sunday: Shrimp Fra Diablo, kind of following this, but using shrimp with a Cajun spice rub and I add red pepper flakes to the sauce

Monday: Spaghetti and Crockpot Turkey Meatballs, garlic bread

Tuesday: Chicken Quesadillas

Wednesday: Meatball Hoagies with leftover meatballs from Monday

Thursday: Baked Potato Soup

Friday: Homemade Pizza

Saturday: Chicken Rollatini with Zucchini and Mozzarella

******************************

I think I will take an extra rest day tomorrow to allow for a little extra recovery from the extra miles last week. Let's make it an active rest day with an unfound you tube yoga routine and maybe a walk in the afternoon.

I plan on hitting the ground running Tuesday morning with a mile warm up at 10:15 pace, and then 3 miles at 9:30 pace, and a mile cool down at 10:30 pace, for a total of 5 miles. And follow up with some Yoga for Runners.

Have a great week guys!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment