10/13/13

Where has October gone?

I can't even believe it is October 13th. October has gotten away from me.

We're down to the last week before the Cincinnati Half Marathon. My training runs have gone really well the last few weeks.

As a recap:

- on 9/28, I ran 13 miles with my dad in 2:21:42. This was an experimental run: I ran with a bottle of water, and I spaced out my fueling to miles 5, 8 and 11 with a swig or 2 of water. I drank very little other wise. This seemed to work, I finished strong. And no puking :)

- on 10/7, I ran 10 miles in 1:43. This was a weird run. My phone died at exactly half way. So I ran the last 5 miles with no music. Not something I plan to revisit. Pretty sure I said "I just have to get back to the car" about 70 million times. But I was pretty happy with my ending time, which ironically my average paced turned out to be the average pace I want for the race this weekend.

For this week:

Sunday: I ran 3 miles in 27:17.

Monday: 10 miles, holding a 9:45 to 10:00 pace for the first 5 miles and a 10:00 to 10:15 pace for the second 5.

Tuesday: rest

Wednesday: 3 miles

Thursday: 3 miles

Friday: 3 miles, probably walk 2, jog 1.

Saturday: race day!!

********************************

The kids are rocking school. We are very proud of both of them.

I went on a field trip with Noah's class to a local pumpkin farm. We had such a good time. I had a great group. Except Noah went to jail :)

 

And what about this awesome view on the hayride?

 

********************************

Madison got her braces off last week, this was a big day! She looks so old!

<ignore the yucky glue flakes everywhere!>

******************************

And a post isn't complete without a picture of Lydia:



<grouch face at its finest>

 

No comments:

Post a Comment