11/25/13

I had a good start to the morning. I did.

I was feeling really proud of myself this morning when I got up to do Morning Yoga. A glorious 21 minutes to wake up all by myself.

I also did the Dynamic Warmup video before I went out for my run.

And then this happened:

Yep, as I was starting out on my 10 mile run this morning, I realized I didn't put my chews in my spi-belt. So, I did 4 miles in the very freezing cold. I drove home, ate some chews and then out for another 3 miles around the neighborhood. A total of 7 miles, average pace 9:23 per mile. Better luck next time. . .

I also forgot to do my after run yoga. Fail.

BUT, I did get myself plus 3 kids packed for the weekend. That almost makes up for forgetting yoga.

******************************

What is your go to cold weather running gear?

Today, I went with leggings under my skirt, 2 long sleeved shirts, a plain ole hooded sweatshirt, gloves, and some ear grips. My sweatshirt was on a mission to choke me. Finally after 6 miles, I was warm enough to take it off and carry it around my waist. The ear things lasted less than 3 minutes, they did not work for me- between my sunglasses and my JayBird Freedoms, I thought my head might explode. I'm going to have to rethink this situation.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment