12/11/13

Elf for Health, Day 17: Pack a Healthy Snack (and one for a friend)

When I saw what the challenge for today was, I knew exactly what I was going to make.

Enter homemade granola bars, recipe found here (obviously, I subbed raisins for the chocolate chips this time). They are always a hit with the kids and adults. And are relatively healthy. I mean it's no bunch of grapes or stalk of celery, but it's also no fried cheese stick. So, yes, it's on my healthy food list :)

I wanted to get these made for an after school snack, but after Lydia's doctors appointment, I spent the remainder of the afternoon trying to get some things done around the house chasing Lydia around, making sure she didn't pull the TV down on top of herself. 2 words. Wild. Person.

But we had them for dessert after dinner instead. I think this guy really liked them:

******************************

How do you plan to make time for yourself tomorrow?

How often do you make time for "me time"?

Do you feel refreshed when you come back to reality?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment