1/13/14

KY Derby Half Marathon Training: Day 1

I am happy to announce that I had a successful first day of training :)

I ran 6.2 miles in 59:10, an average of 9:33 per mile. *hello sub-60 10k*

<insert Garmin photo here (if I had one)>

I had a good comfortable training run. I ran my first 3 miles in 27:40 and the final 3.2 miles in 31:30, can we say headwind? All together now: headwind.

I did determine, however, that I need new music. Like ASAP. I've been listening to the same songs since April, and I'm pretty much done with that. For a good long while anyway.

Race day countdown:
And many more miles to go.
*****
And I came home to a perfectly clean and organized closet. And a missing earring, courtesy of the Tornado Toddler.

<go hubs :) by the way! my side was already clean and organized>

Now, if I can get him to clean off his dresser...

*****

I have added a Challenges page to the blog (you can go straight to it here). As I add more challenges, this will keep them all in one place.

*****

Song suggestions? Give 'em to me!

When is your next race?

What challenge would you like to see in the months to come?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment