1/30/14

Post Workout Smoothie

I have put together the most delicious post workout smoothie. I could drink it all day long. And I'm going to share it with you.

This:

 

Turns into this:

 

The recipe:

 
You can sub any frozen berries for the blueberries. I tried it with mixed berries tonight and it was so yummy!

You could cut your banana in half if you prefer, or if you have a toddler that loves bananas. I liked it with the whole banana better, sweeter and creamier than just half.

You could use a frozen banana and skip the ice cubes.

I used a carton Chobani Plain Greek yogurt. I know different brands have different flavors. I just prefer Chobani. You could also use a flavored yogurt to make it even sweeter. The pomegranate juice can give it a tart flavor if your berries aren't sweet enough. I would stick to a berry flavored or honey flavored yogurt if you're going that route. I haven't tried it with anything except plain at this point so I can't comment any further :)

Even this sweet girl liked it:

 

*****

Now, what makes it perfect for after a workout?

The Greek yogurt and banana will help to quickly replenish your energy. Your pomegranate juice, berries and spinach will help with muscle soreness, and help speed up recovery.

*****

What's your favorite post workout snack?

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment