8/22/13

4th grade here we come!

I'll start with today's exciting news!

Miss Madison started 4th grade this morning. Just look at her :)

<can't miss those NEON runners, can ya?!>

She went to bed last night with butterflies in her belly, and tears of missing me and Lydia while she was at school.

Thankfully, she woke up super excited, dressed and ready.

<goofing off in the rain waiting on the bus>
 

She came home all smiles and excited to talk about every detail of her day.

<getting off the bus in the pouring rain, smiling while squinting>
 
<the rain squint, it's a good look>

We all missed her, but we somehow made it through. I have a feeling Little Lydia is going to have a hard time tomorrow when they both are gone.

<the kindergartener>

This little guy is a ball of nerves, so hopefully tomorrow morning goes smoothly. I'm expecting tears times 3.

This girl means business. And I know a brother and a sister she'll be excited to see after they get off the bus. Couldn't you just eat those cheeks?

Yesterday morning, I ran 3.01 miles in 29:45: 9:45, 9:37, 10:18, average of 9:54 per mile. During mile 3, all the little baby kindergarteners started waiting on the curbs for the bus. After the 3rd corner, I couldn't take it anymore, I started bawling. It made me mad: a) I'm not a crier, b) it messed up my pretty good recovery run after my race Sunday.

The kids and I did C25k week 4, day 1. Yep. That's a 5 minute warm up, 3 minute jog, 90 second walk, 5 minute jog, 2 1/2 minute walk, 3 minute jog, 90 second walk, 5 minute jog, 5 minute cool down. Let me just ooze with proudness...those kids were great, in fact, not one complaint about feet or sides or legs from either one. And no tears tonight. That was a first. I know, I can hardly believe it myself. I mean, have you seen a 5 year olds legs? They're like half the size of adult legs. And he ran for 16 minutes with little breaks in between. He sure wants to play football, bad.

I have to get my run routine figured out since school has started back up. Which really means I'll have to get up earlier to make sure I get my run in. Otherwise, it won't get done, and I can't have that. This morning, I set my alarm. As I mentally did the math, I realized I didn't leave enough time for me to get dressed, my toast to be toasted, peanut buttered and eaten. Only enough time to run and shower. Tomorrow, take 2, 15 minutes earlier.

 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment