1/26/14

A Glimpse Inside: Laundry

As I mentioned in this post, I *think* I have a laundry system that works for me. And I'm going to share it with you tonight.

 

When I first quit work in 2011, I tried a load a day start to finish system and it just didn't work for me. Well, I was good at washing and drying one load a day. But I had trouble following through with the fold and put away part, and we were living out of baskets of unfolded laundry and I was folding everything at the same time.

Tuesday is washing day. I gather up everyone's dirty clothes hamper and tote them downstairs to the laundry room. Then I sort into piles of towels, warm whites, cold whites, darks, jeans, and running/workout clothes. I usually have 2 loads of towels and sometimes an extra load of darks. After the dirty clothes are sorted, I throw the piles back into the hampers to await washing, otherwise, Lydia would be dragging dirty laundry all over the house.

Throughout the day, I throw in one load at a time. Depending on how many loads I have in a week, I'm usually finishing up before I have to get the kids off the bus. Tuesday ends with hampers full of clean clothes.

Wednesday is folding day. I start by sorting the clean clothes by person and separate all the socks. Each persons pile goes back into their hamper. Then I get started folding. I always fold the basket of socks last incase socks get stuck in with the clothes. I try to get one basket folded before Chad leaves for work. Sometimes I can fold some here and there if Lydia is feeling independent, sometimes I have to speed fold during nap time. I try to get it all done before I have to get the kids off the bus, sometimes I do, sometimes I just don't. When the big kids get their homework done, they put their clothes away- I put away mine and Lydia's.

I've been pretty successful in keeping up with the laundry using this system. And I don't constantly feel like I'm behind. That's a win if you ask me!

*****

What's your laundry schedule?

What's are favorite laundry detergent? I'm a Tide and Bounce girl all the way.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment